Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - True Love Edition
Falling in love is one of the most memorable moments in any Harvest Moon game. Unfortunately for some, it always seemed like you had to choose between who you want to be and who you want to love. I think some of you out there have been waiting for a game like this for a very long time now.
Friends of Mineral Town is arguably one of the best in the Harvest Moon series. With a bit of ingenuity (and some help from the great people at romhacking.net), I was able to edit in Clair (girl) over top of Pete (boy). There are a few graphical peculiarities, but it all seems to work okay.
Here’s some things to note about this game.
- To play this game, you’ll need a GBA emulator (Such as VisualBoyAdvance). I recommend turning on Motion Blur (Options>Video>Render API>Motion Blur) for clearer text.
- This is only a graphical edit. No script changes have been made. As soon as I figure out how scripting works, I’ll get right onto changing those awkward gender-confused dialogs. Feel free to submit scripts that need changing (screenshot/savestate encouraged).
- I want to work on a Boy version of More Friends of Mineral Town, but that will take considerably more work since there are more animations in that version. I swear, Gray will be mine!
- I want to edit the title screen with a proper logo and version info, but I’m still working through how to actually do that…
- Feel free to submit any bug reports. Save States/Screenshots are encouraged.
I hope you enjoy falling in love again.
Dang it, I screwed up the link. Should be good now
KATAI THIS IS GREAT